1. a. piece b. cheek c. dealt d. receive
2. a. glove b. stone c. globe d. spoke
3. a. flew b. knew c. threw d. GREw
4. a. hotel b. hopeless c. holiday d. honest
5. a. society b. precious c. decision d. medicine
6. allen _______ any good job since he came to new york city two years ago.
a. hasn’t found b. didn’t find
c. doesn’t find d. hadn’t found
7."let me _______ you，"said my boss，"you should call me immediately after you arrive at the airport."
a. ask b. advise c. remember d. remind
8. the boys spent the whole morning _______ possible answers to the question.
a. discuss b. and discussing
c. discussing d. and discussed
9. this village ______ to be the place in which ernest hemingway，one of the greatest american writers，wrote this story.
a. is believing b. is believed
c. believes d. believe
10. it’s reported that by the end of last month the sale of the company ______ by 10%.
a. has risen b. had been rising
c. had risen d. has been rising
11.-how _________ will you be able to finish the painting？
-in a couple of hours.
a. soon b. often
c. long d. fast
12. ______ any friends in the city，he felt quite lonely and helpless.
a. no to have b. no having
c. not to have d. not having
13. dr. white was away to the south last month，so he didn’t attend the meeting _______ in beijing.
a. having held b. to hold
c. to be held d. held
14. _______ at his paper over the weekend，neil didn’t finish it.
a. as he worked hard
b. hard as he worked
c. how he worked hard
d. how hard he worked
15.-are you satisfied with her work，sir？
-not at all. it couldn’t be any _______.
a. better b. best
c. worse d. worst
16. that was _______ matter that i had no choice but to talk it over with my parents.
a. a such serious b. a so serious
c. such serious a d. so serious a
17. this disease is second only _______ heart attack as a cause of death all over the world.
a. to b. of
c. with d. from
18. the word is new to us. you’d better ______ in the dictionary.
a. look at it b. look for it
c. look it up d. look it out
19. if there is no one _______ him with the preparation，he will have to put off the meeting.
a. help b. to help
c. helps d. helped
20. as soon as she _______ open the letter，mrs. white will find out what has happened to her husband.
a. tears b. is tearing
c. will tear d. has torn
21. ______ the government argees to give extra money，the theatre will have to be closed next month.
a. unless b. if
c. since d as
22. to reduce weight，plastic has taken _______ of iron and steel in making boats.
a. its place b. place
c. the place d. a place
23.-let me help you with your suitcase.
a. you’re very nice
b. yes，you’re so helpful
c. no，i can do
d. it’s very kind of you
24. these three english novels are for you. the rest _______ for the other students in your class.
a. were b. is
c. are d. was
25. you _______ have seen jane in her Office last friday；she’s been out of town for two weeks.
a. couldn’t b. mustn’t
c. wouldn’t d. shouldn’t
26. henry never said that he was good at maths，_______ he？
a. was b. did
c. didn’t d. wasn’t
27. the little girl showed the policeman the corner _______ she was knocked off her bike.
a. and b. which
c. that d. where
28. the snow was so deep that the climbers could not ________ to the camp.
a. get over b. get along
c. get through d. get around
29. in need of money，bob had to take ______ job that was offered to him.
a. whatever b. no matter what
c. whichever d. no matter which
30. my friend and i would like to go to the concert，but ________ of us has got a ticket.
a. both b. none
c. neither d. all
i once went to a town in the north of england on business.
it was about 7：30 in the evening when i reached the hotel. the manageress，a strict old lady of about 60，showed me to my room. when i asked her what time dinner was，she said there was only one sitting at 6：30，and i had 31it.
"never mind，"i said."i’m not very 32. i’ll just have a drink in the bar(酒吧)and a sandwich."
"bar！"she 33her voice."this is a respectable hotel，young man. if you want 34，you must go somewhere else."she spoke 35a glass of beer was a dangerous drug.
i went to a bar and had some beer and sandwiches and then went to the cinema. at about 11：30 i 36. everything was in darkness. i knocked at the door，but nothing happened. the 37sound was the church clock opposite，which suddenly struck the half-hour with such 38that it made me jump. 39a window opened upstairs. the old lady 40and asked me what was going on. i explained who i was and she let me 41after ten minutes’wait. she was in her nightdress. she told me seriously that guests were 42to be back in the hotel by 11 o’clock.
i went to bed but could not sleep. every quarter of an hour the church clock struck and at midnight the whole hotel shook with the noise. just before dawn，i finally 43.
when i arrived at 44，everyone else had nearly 45and there was not enough coffee to go round.
"did you 46well，young man？"the old lady asked.
"47，i don’t think i could go through 48night in that room，"i replied."i hardly slept at all."
"that’s BECause you were 49all night drinking！"she said angrily，putting 50to the conversation.
31. a. had b. passed c. missed d. caught
32. a. hungry b. sleepy c. tired d. happy
33. a. lost b. lowered c. dropped d. raised
34. a. beer b. coffee c. milk d. tea
35. a. even if b. since c. although d. as if
36. a. went to bed b. walked to a club
c. returned to the hotel d. drove to a restaurant
37. a. only b. sharp c. sweet d. last
38. a. effort b. force c. power d. attraction
39. a. firstly b. wonderfully c. unfortunately d. finally
40. a. came out b. got up c. looked out d. woke up
- › 2017*城月饼街总体策划方案
- › 2017年财务科技术比武实施细则
- › 2017年春节期间烟花爆竹禁放工作方案
- › 2017年广告计划书[影楼]
- › 2017年管理人员奖励方案
- › 激励方案-公司2017年高级管理人员激励方案
- › 汽车公司2017消防宣传周活动策划方案
- › 2017年证券营业部总经理竞争上岗实施方案
- › 某矿务集团公司政研会2017年工作意见
- › 2017年旅游宣传促销方案
- › 2017年公司（企业）迎春年会执行策划方案
- › 2017年暑期社会实践策划书
- · 2017年专升本英语命题预测试卷
- · 2017年《专升本》政治考试资料汇编
- · 2017年成人高考专升本英语模拟试卷
- · 2017年成考专升本政治预测试卷
- · 2017年成人高考高起点语文模拟试题一及参
- · 2017年成人高考高起点语文模拟试卷（附答
- · 2017年成人高考高起点语文模拟题及参考答
- · 2017成人高考专升本英语模拟试卷
- · 2017《刑法学》权威模拟冲刺试题答案及解
- · 2017《刑法学》权威模拟冲刺试题二
- · 2017《刑法学》权威模拟冲刺试题一
- · 考前冲刺：2017年成考高中起点史地模拟题
- · 2017年成人高考高起点历史模拟试题一及参
- · 2017年成人高考专升本大学语文预测试卷
- · 2011年11月成人英语三级A卷试题
- · 2011年11月成人英语三级B卷试题(4)
- · 2011年11月成人英语三级B卷试题(6)
- · 2011年11月成人英语三级A卷试题(2)
- · 08年11月成人英语三级A卷试题(3)
- · 成人高考快速阅读特性及阅读技巧
- · 2011年成考专升本大学语文试题